Harvest Salad with Roasted Beets
- 2 lbs roasted beets that have been chilled overnight & placed in a large salad bowl.
- 1 large shallot
- 1-3 garlic cloves
- ¼ cup white or red wine vinegar
- seasonings you enjoy
- grated zest from 1 orange
- ¼ cup chopped tarragon
- ¼ cup chopped chives
- 1/3 cup of extra virgin olive oil
Goat cheese, pistachios and parsley for garnish
- Chop and mince your shallot and garlic cloves.
- In a separate bowl from the beets mix the shallots, garlic, vinegar and any seasonings. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Stir in your orange zest, tarragon , chives and oil.
- Place beets in individual salad bowls. (If you want add some greens to the bottom of the plate)
- Stir your herb dressing and spoon it over the beets. Garnish your salad with pistachios & parsley