- 2 egg whites *
- ½ cup erythinol (organic sugar substitute)
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups of fresh pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup chopped tarragon
- ¼ cup chopped chives
- 1/3 cup of extra virgin olive oil
*an option is to use one egg white and 1 tablespoon of honey
- Preheat over to 375. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium sized bowl whisk together egg whites, erythinol, cayenne, cinnamon and sea salt.
- Blend in the pumpkin seeds until well coated with a spatula.
- Spread your seeds onto the baking sheet with parchment paper. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Check on seeds and mix them up a bit pop back in over for another 5 minutes.
- Taste and add more of your favorite seasoning as you see fit.
One handful meets the requirements of healthy 150 calorie snack and is full of nutrients and
fiber. And for those healthy aging seniors that can’t sleep well at night. One handful helps with
a good night rest prior to retiring.