National Upside Down Pineapple Cake Day is celebrated each year on April 20th. Tradition began when the pineapple began to flourish on the west coast in the 1900’s This wonderful fruit is prolific during the months of March through July!
Of course, keep it simple and FUN is my motto in the kitchen. You can even dance to this while you prepare it.
My man loves these with a generous topping of whipped cream!
- Cooking spray for baking
- ½ cup of Earth Balance vegan butter melted ( 1 stick)
- 1-1/2 cups of light organic brown sugar mixed with organic turbinado sugar this adds a nice texture to the topping of the cupcake
- 24 maraschino cherries
- 1 (20 ounce) can of crushed pineapple ( reserve all the juice)
- 1 yellow cake mix that is gluten free
- powdered sugar for dusting
Watch the quick video to prepare.