No-Bake Pineapple Upside-Down Cake
1 Store bought angel food cake
½ cup vanilla yogurt ( I like the almond dairy free version )
¼ cup of crushed pineapple, slightly drained
4 pineapple rings
4 maraschino cherries
Nutmeg for garnish
* hazelnut crunch garnish
- Cut your angel food cake into 1×1 pieces or smaller (if you wish) and put into a mixing bowl.
- Add the yogurt and crushed pineapple. Get messy with your hands and toss to make sure it nice and combined.
- Line your ramekins ( 6 ounce with plastic wrap) . Place one pineapple ring at the bottom of each. Scoop ¼ of your mixture into each . YOU should have enough for 4
- Use another ramekin to press the cake mixture down
- Invert the cake onto a plate with a nice doilie, remove the plastic wrap and place a cherry in the middle. Garnish with nutmeg & serve!
*optional hazelnut garnish…. take chopped hazelnuts and spread on a thin baking sheet atop parchment paper. Top with raw brown sugar (about 3 tablespoons) sprinkle with some of your pineapple juice until nicely coated. Lite broil in over for about 5 minutes